Marketing has gone digital with the advancement in technology. We have switched from an era of traditional marketing to the digital platform with the expansion of digital networks. In order to reach out to the target audience you need to have full-fledged planned digital marketing strategy.
A good digital marketing plan can be built in seven simple steps as detailed here.
- Define your goal
- Assess your existing digital marketing existence
- Know the digital sales funnel
- Build your buyer segment
- Detect your customers on the funnel
- Create a content blueprint
- Examine and analyse the results
What do we mean by digital marketing strategy?
A digital marketing strategy is a step-by-step, practical plan for accomplishing your company’s digital marketing objectives. Digital marketing is carried out by the use of digital marketing channels. Digital publishing, Social media, paid, earned, or owned media are examples of these channels, A digital marketing strategy includes taking a scientific approach to identifying your digital marketing goals and the most efficient ways to achieve them. Here are the basic steps to building a solid digital marketing strategy for your brand:
1. Define your goal
- Before you begin planning, you must first determine what you want to accomplish with your marketing approach. This stage may appear easy, but it necessitates the creation of a comprehensive and explicit set of objectives.
- The SMART criterion will best define the goals to achieve a fruitful digital marketing campaign.
- Let’s see what SMART describes:
- Timely goals
Increasing the number of visitors to your website is not a SMART aim.
A SMART objective for the next two months is to generate 10% more traffic to your website using advertisements on social media platforms. When you describe the specific actions you’ll take to get there, it becomes even more SMART.
2. Assess your existing digital marketing existence
It’s important to know what you’ve already done, even if it’s almost nothing. This phase will assist you in determining what you should concentrate on in order to attain your present objectives.
The first need is to understand the main marketing channels:
- Your own website
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Google ads
- Pay per click advertising
Rank each channel through which you receive leads, from least effective to most effective.
3. Know the digital sales funnel
Your buyer’s journey from the potential customer to the loyal customer is depicted by the digital sales funnel. This funnel may help in making a strong digital presence to meet the digital objectives. We can achieve this, by making the use of the right tool for the digital marketing campaign.
Synchronizing the right digital funnel with the sales funnel help in achieving the goal.
Here’s a quick glimpse of the stages and how to make a strong impact on the customers through digital marketing.
Make your presence known to potential clients. For example, through social media advertisements or a high search engine rating.
Inspire people to learn more about your company. Tell them who you are and what makes you unique from the competitors? Feature about your business in digital magazines and videos are two popular digital tactics at this stage.
Make your connections stronger. Sponsored social media postings that answer potential customer issues or encourage them to ask inquiries are an excellent strategy for this stage.
Make a deal with the customer. Implementing calls-to-action for the client to make a purchase is a tool for this stage. For example giving discounts on the purchase they made.
4. Build your buyer segmentBefore reaching out to your customers, know your target audience.
- Know what they really need. Once you have a knowledge of who your customers are you can better create the need that appeal them.
2. Be as precise as possible. To know what your customers need is more important here.
3. Use analytics services to do your study.
5. Detect your customers on the funnel
There will be customers at every stage of the funnel. Locate your customers according to that funnel.
.For example, let’s say your service is to provide rented accommodation.
- Someone who does a Google search for rented home and ends up reading an article that features you.
- Someone who’s looking to rent a home that is nearby their workplace and sees your sponsored Facebook post about how you help them in searching a right accommodation for him in the location that is nearby their workplace.
• Someone who has already rented a home from you and you are including him in email for a discounted offer.
Once you collect this data working on the customers become very easy.
6. Create a content blueprint
You will design a distinct marketing plan for each channel that attracts your clients at this point. A succession of activities will make up your strategy, each of which will respond to a certain aim. It will also provide a detailed timeframe so that the actions may be measured.
Some of these actions will be:
- Create a keyword strategy to help your potential customers find you.
- Make a content calendar that will help you in developing the content as per the theme and strategy.
- Change your calendar in every week to make it more interesting to your already existing and prospective customers.
- Social media posting: Research the trendy content and find out what your potential customers need.
• Include CTA (Call to Action) in your content so that the customers get easily engaged.
Once you go according to the blueprint you will be able to manage your social media platform in a convenient manner that will help the customers to connect with you.
7. Examine and analyse the results
After the actions, it is preferable that you track your outcomes and get to know about the conversions at the cost you invested. Know your results and take actions accordingly. Based on the analysis you have done you can build another strategy to move forward and grow.
Emphasis on your goals and the steps to let you move forward.
You may have observed that there are two essential phrases you must live by in order to build a solid foundation for a successful digital marketing campaign: objectives and specifics. Make precise and specific goals and then define the actions that will get you there.
Build a strong digital marketing strategy through Infusivemedia.com